GCU is readily available to assist veterans, dependents of veterans, reservists, and National Guardsmen/women with the application and certification process.
At Georgian Court University, we are proud to serve those who have served our country in the United States military. As a VA approved Yellow Ribbon campaign/GI Bill school, our goal is to support you and your family members as you begin, continue, and complete your academic goals.
Benefits for Students
Upon admittance to GCU, request enrollment for these benefits through our office. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will determine your eligibility.
Renewing Benefits and Reporting Attendance
Each semester, you must certify your enrollment through our office by submitting an Enrollment Certification Request to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as you register for classes.
If you are receiving benefits for veterans from the GI Bill for Active Duty or Selected Reserve, or are receiving REAP benefits, you must verify your attendance at GCU each month.
After being admitted to GCU and requesting enrollment certification through the Office of Financial Aid, you’ll go through the following process to use this benefit:
- Complete the 22-1990 to establish your eligibility for education benefits. A processed application generates a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA, which is an official letter outlining your entitlement. The Office of Financial Aid will require a copy of your COE and a copy of your DD214 (Member-4) reflecting honorable discharge.
- Once you have registered/enrolled in classes, submit the following forms to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Enrollment Certification Request
- Copy of Degree Audit Sheet/Academic Plan and Transcript Evaluation Sheet
- You will receive an e-mailed receipt and confirmation from the VA. All e-mail notifications will be sent to your GCU e-mail address.
- To complete this process online, click here or call 1-877-823-2378.
For more information on military and veteran benefits, please contact our Military and Veterans Financial Aid Counselor at 732-987-2149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact the VA, call 1-888-GIBILL1.